Key “must win” bid on the horizon? Already bidding and want some challenge or help? Bidding is a big investment and wherever you are in the process you can always improve your chances of success.
With a wealth of experience bidding complex projects and getting them into contract to draw upon, we can review where the bid is up to and develop a plan to take it forward.
Together we can focus on:
- Client – researching and building a relationship; understanding what makes them tick.
- Strategy – is there one, does the team understand it?
- Win themes – do we know what they are?
- Differentiators & USP’s – can we identify any?
- Evaluation criteria – understand where best to invest the effort. Have we spotted the 1 page question worth 10% and the 10 page question worth 1%?
- Answer planning – have we done it, do we understand the questions?
- Team – is it dedicated and experienced, who is the “controlling mind”?
- Bid coming together at the right pace? Design, costing, finance, legal, corporate approvals – it all needs to be coordinated.
- Score review – imagine the evaluator reading multiple bids – are we making it easy for them to give us the marks? Or are we simply filling the pages with stuff?
- The “so what” test!
We’ve worked with Austin for many years. He’s bright, driven and makes things happen. He’s collaborative, quirky and builds relationships based on integrity and being straightforward. He has gravitas and others trust him to act in their best interests.
Austin operates, and influences, at both top table and coal face to generate compelling strategies and deliver them. He manages complex projects in sectors from healthcare to regeneration and gains and honours trust from a wide range of stakeholders.
Austin has a long-standing reputation for strong client and stakeholder management, backed up by the ability to get transactions across the line. Great at bid leadership, understanding the big picture and simplifying it to help communication. He’s an intellectually critical friend – he’s always got an opinion!
Austin is not stuck in a set way of delivery – he listens to what clients communicate and shapes teams to deliver what they want. He’s always setting ambitious targets for sustainability on projects and pushing teams to go further.
A talented leader of partnerships, Austin created our work on regeneration, bringing public and private sector experts together to develop our plan. He led us from the contractors demise towards a construction partner to get Midland Met built. Able to bridge the gap between strategy and implementation.