Are you trying to get a project off the ground? The early stages have many similarities with complex bids – the idea or vision may be there – but you need to plot a path to get to it. Articulating the vision and strategy, bringing stakeholders together, procuring the team and developing the project. Moving from a position of uncertainty to reality requires commitment and determination.
Together we can focus on:
- Research and analysis – what’s the big picture, how do we fit into it.
- Stakeholders and influencers – who are they, how we engage, are there mutual benefits?
- Vision, strategy and plan – getting clarity on this brings the team, partners and stakeholders on board – plus a plan to deliver it.
- The power of an image – getting an image which brings to life the ambition.
- Assembling the team – who do we need, how to procure? A great idea won’t get very far otherwise.
- Business case and funding – needed to get through the approvals gateways and onto site.
- Collaboration, communication & direction – keeping the team & stakeholders engaged and moving at the right pace.
- Keep on going! Developing something from nothing means you make the running – if you stop, the project stops.
We’ve worked with Austin for many years. He’s bright, driven and makes things happen. He’s collaborative, quirky and builds relationships based on integrity and being straightforward. He has gravitas and others trust him to act in their best interests.
Austin operates, and influences, at both top table and coal face to generate compelling strategies and deliver them. He manages complex projects in sectors from healthcare to regeneration and gains and honours trust from a wide range of stakeholders.
Austin has a long-standing reputation for strong client and stakeholder management, backed up by the ability to get transactions across the line. Great at bid leadership, understanding the big picture and simplifying it to help communication. He’s an intellectually critical friend – he’s always got an opinion!
Austin is not stuck in a set way of delivery – he listens to what clients communicate and shapes teams to deliver what they want. He’s always setting ambitious targets for sustainability on projects and pushing teams to go further.
A talented leader of partnerships, Austin created our work on regeneration, bringing public and private sector experts together to develop our plan. He led us from the contractors demise towards a construction partner to get Midland Met built. Able to bridge the gap between strategy and implementation.